Are you looking for new opportunities in the sector of International Development? FCG ANZDEC is seeking a Project Manager to join our talented and diverse team. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and skilled project manager to manage interesting projects across Asia and the Pacific.
Based in Auckland, the Project Manager will support the management and development of FCG ANZDEC’s project portfolio with the Asian Development Bank (ADB), World Bank (WB), Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Trade of New Zealand (MFAT) and other international financiers. The Project Manager will manage projects of considerable cost and technical complexity, ensuring that the projects are implemented in line with company policies and procedures, with high quality outputs, and in compliance with the client contracts and regulations. She or he will build and maintain professional relations with clients, ensuring the delivery of services up to and above client expectations and contributing to positive image of FCG ANZDEC and the wider FCG Group.
The Project Manager further contributes to acquiring new contracts FCG ANZDEC’s clients. She or he contributes to the development of a profitable growth trajectory for the company, identifying and positioning the company for business opportunities, building partnerships, identifying experts, and formulating proposals for competitive bidding. Where relevant to his/her expertise, the Project Manager may take part in the implementation of projects as an expert team member.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supported by the Project Administrator, mobilization of human resources and establishment of field operations and logistics, including project office facilities, bank accounts, and local procurement of goods and services
- Management of client contracts and subsequent amendments, ensuring that all contract requirements are met and adhere to client policies and procedures
- Development and management of contracts and amendments with consultants and service providers
- Activity planning, monitoring and management of work plans and project teams
- Budget planning, forecasting and financial oversight
- Quality assurance of deliverables, technical documents and management reports
- Risk management and finding solutions to complex issues
- Relationship management with project teams, clients and stakeholders. This includes liaising with the Client and team as required on a daily basis through emails, phone, as well as in person at the project locations.
- Identifying new project opportunities and suitable partners and experts
- Preparing Expressions of Interests and technical and financial proposals.
Project Manager will possess specialized knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to use independent judgment in the performance of their duties and be capable of carrying out work with little guidance or supervision. This individual is a self-starter: dynamic, motivated and bright. The Project Manager will be willing to travel to the project areas as required.
Ideal candidate will have significant experience in management of international development projects. She/he should have at least 5 years of experience of working with international development projects, ideally in a project management role in a private consulting company. She/he will be able to demonstrate effective planning, management, negotiation, communication and leadership skills, strong proficiency in MS Office software, and broad understanding of technical issues relevant to our core sectors. Knowledge of one or more of FCG ANZDEC’s core sectors will be highly regarded. Fluency in English is essential, with other languages desirable.
Company culture and rewards
Project Manager will be part of FCG ANZDEC team based in Auckland. FCG ANZDEC is dedicated to offering their employees ongoing professional development. We pride ourselves on having a multicultural team of charitable and environmentally-conscious staff, with high sense of contribution to poverty alleviation and environment protection.
The working environment is open, demanding, and mutually supportive. Personal initiative is encouraged, high standards demanded, and individual contributions recognized. In a strong team culture where we enjoy having a laugh and working hard at the same time, we also offer flexible working arrangements with additional special leave; on the job training and ongoing development; opportunity to engage with and get support from a hands-on and approachable management that recognizes and values team members; regular staff development opportunities with financial reward for excellent performance; possibility to travel to project countries and be emotionally rewarded by seeing the real impacts on the ground; and career development as the company grows.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience, skills and motivation.
The closing date for applications is 19 July 2019.